Thursday, March 15, 2007

Paris Hilton and You



What do you and Paris Hilton have in common? You and Paris Hilton do have this one question in common. You and Paris Hilton probably think about this issue more after something bad happens. But you both think about and experience it.


Who do you trust? How do you decide who is trustworthy? How can you tell who is telling you the truth and who is running their game on you? How do you know who is true and who will stab you in the back?


For some of us these are constant questions. Some of use are leery of everyone around us. It is hard for some of us to make friends because each new person is under constant scrutiny and mistrust. Not a happy way to be but a way to protect yourself.


For others these questions may pop up and then go away. The question comes up and we make a quick choice and say - you're okay, and you're not. That is all the investigation we do. Sometimes that works out and sometimes it does not. We've all met someone that dazzled us and then betrayed us. We trusted someone and they did not deserve our trust. We became more cautious. Maybe jaded, suspicious, and apprehensive.


How do you know who to trust? How do you tell who is the good guys? My friend shared with me her discovery. Here is her story.


"Hi, my name is Brandy. Trust has always been difficult for me. My childhood made trust difficult. I decided not to trust anyone. This way of life served my purposes for a while.


When I was older I met people and had friends. I did not get close to them. I never trusted them. I had a routine of what I could tell them etc.


Then one day I had a realization. I suppose it came up because I felt too tightly wound with my routine and restrictions of what I could share and express. I could never let my guard down and it was becoming tiring.


My realization - Could I trust myself? Could I trust myself to make the best decisions? Could I trust myself to the do what is right?


Was my mistrust actually fear and insecurity and anxiety about doing the right thing? I discovered that I lived out of fear because I did not want to make the same mistakes that others made. This fear came up during adversity. I realized how I doubted and second guessed myself each time I had a problem. I was uncertain and confused. I was berating myself and speaking negatively to myself.


That was when I realized that the only person I could trust with confidence was myself. It was freeing and refreshing. I did not have to scrutinize everyone. I could trust myself to make the right choices. If I made a mistake I could love myself to forgive myself.


My life opened up. I still falter and make mistakes. But the fear and restriction are lessened"


Does Paris Hilton trust herself? Can you trust yourself? Learn how to trust yourself and make the right choices for your life.


Marcia, Your Confidence Coach

No comments: