Friday, March 30, 2007

Change




Five Short Chapters on Change


by: Author Unknown, Source Unknown

Chapter 1.I walk down a street and there's a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. It takes forever to get out. It's my fault.



Chapter 2.I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It still takes a long time to get out. It's not my fault.



Chapter 3. I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It's becoming a habit. It is my fault. I get out immediately.



Chapter 4. I walk down the same street and see the deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.



Chapter 5. I walk down a different street.




What is this all about?




Chapter 1

Here you are going about your day. Perhaps you are distracted. You are not watching where you are going physically and mentally. You fall into something physical or mental (a mindset.) Since you weren't thinking or looking it takes you a while to get out of this place or mess. You blame yourself for not paying attention.




Chapter 2

Oh no. You did not learn from your mistake and you did the same thing again. However, this time it was not your fault. Something got in your way and tripped you up. (again)




Chapter 3

Same old same old. You keep going down that same street but you still did not learn there is a hole there. You are now developing a habit of going somewhere you know will trip you up. You fall and you now know that you are responsible for not acknowledging the hole. You get out of it easily this time. You have learned how to get out of the mess but you still have not learned how to avoid the mess.




Chapter 4

Progress. You now know there is a hole. You avoid it but.... you are still going down that same avenue. You are still taking the long way and maybe the wrong way to get to where you want to go.




Chapter 5 Enlightenment, Consciousness. You have finally learned to choose a different path.




Is this you? Are you an obstinate learner? You do not have to be. Skip steps 2 through 4 and jump ahead to step 5. It is easy and you can do it. Here is how.




Marcia, Your Confidence Coach

No comments: