Thursday, April 12, 2007

Procratination Again


I felt I had to provide another post on procrastinating. You probably read the last post "Procrastination Blues" and procrastinated.
Maybe just seeing the word "procrastination" turned you off and you did not read any further. I understand how you feel. However, you must force yourself to cope with procrastinating.
Procrastinating is harmful to you. You know that. How many times have you put yourself down because you delayed doing something important? How many times have you put yourself down because you disappointed someone you care about. You disappointed someone you care about by not keeping your word. You made a promise to do something with the best intentions but you just could not get around to doing it.
I know you are feeling uncomfortable as you read this. This is touching a nerve. Help yourself to feel better. Help yourself to overcome your procrastination now.
Marcia, Your Confidence Coach

2 comments:

Michael Donlan said...

I did see your post entitled “procrastination”, but I decided to read it later... Just kidding. I’ve noticed that most of my moments of procrastination where bourn out of fear. According to Napoleon Hill, fear is very possibly the worst of our enemies.

Marcia, Your Confidence Coach said...

yes you are so right. if you look at the post "procrastination blues" fear is listed. fear is certainly a formidable enemy.
procrastinating is a complex behavior and each person needs to address what elements are a contributor.
thank you for sharing your personal experience and input .